Saturday 23 May 2009

and the winners are ...

My quest for the perfect perfume came to an end, yesterday. I was growing weary of my Coco Mademoiselle. I felt like I out grew it. Not age-wise, Chanel perfumes are forever. But, personality-wise. I wanted something more womanly, less girly.

I knew it would be a challenge because I was not a fan of the fruity or candy-esque scents, which seem to be oh-so popular nowadays. Britney Spears' Fantasy gives me a headache. I also, dislike the powdery scents. The perfumes that only last an hour, at best. So the criteria was: Floral/Musky, Concentrate (parfum not toilette), womanly but not overpowering. I want my scent to linger after I'm gone (left the room, not dead). But, not too powerful that people think I've been marinated overnight, like a chicken cutlet.

After a good 15 minutes and my nose begging for mercy, I found two. I couldn't decide between them. So I decided to have them both and work out a routine. Like, Day/Night or Summer/Fall
. Maybe I'll adjust them to my mood.

Notice, the creativity in hiding my indecisiveness.

Rose Essentielle by Bulagri (Floral)

Coco by Chanel (Musky)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stella by mcartney.

The best smelling thing ever.

Belle said...

Is that the one that comes in the purple bottle?